here is how you get started
- Is this a course for you? View the course introduction video to find out.
- This is the second course in the series: completion of Nonlinear Dynamics 1: Geometry of Chaos is not required, but ocasionally you'll find working through parts of it helpful.
- Check out the syllabus and schedule
- Sign up here: piazza.com/gatech/spring2015/phys7224
use your email (no need for Georgia Tech email address) together with access code phys7224
And do sign up, even if you do not intend to do the homeworks - following the chatter on the course forum you might inadvertently learn something that your professor does not know.
- Begin reading the ChaosBook chapters and viewing the lecture videos for week 9.
Here is the overview of chapters we will study in this course
- Some of the homework problems will require you to complete a Python script and run it to produce a specific result. You need to install Python, or the class virtual machine, where all required software is preinstalled. Review software requirements and Python resources links for instructions
- You will have a homework assignment each week.
- Post your questions, comments, advice, etc. in the week's discussion forum
- Good luck and enjoy your course!
if you live in Atlanta
your instructor and your teaching assistantsPredrag Cvitanović, Nazmi Burak Budanur and Xiong Ding
Center for Nonlinear Science
School of Physics, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA